karam toli chowk Bariyatu Road, Ranchi near-Rani children Hospital
M.A. (Political Science)
- Worked with the Action Aid India as a Development Trainee for one year and placed in Maharashtra, Gujarat, Uttar Pradesh and Jharkhand for 2.5 months each. The methods of training were conceptual training on development issues and approaches, field placement for learning on poverty and strategies, and personal effectiveness. The basic learning in Maharashtra with “Kastkari Sangathana” was public advocacy and how to mobilized people with the local resources. Addressing the issues of Dalit atrocity, manual scavenger and land rights of Dalits were the basic learning with Navsarjan Trust in Gujarat. The community empowerment, sustainable livelihood promotion and community health were the major learning with the “People’s Action for National Integration” in Uttar Pradesh. Addressing the issues of food security through the traditional self governance, tribal identity and tribal women land rights were the core learning in Jharkhand with the SATHEE. Worked as a Human Rights Fellow of the Centre for World Solidarity, Secunderabad for one year from January to December 2006. Worked as an Independent Reporter with Indigenous News and Feature Agency (INFA) for four years from January 2004 to December 2007. I was part of a research on ‘the Status of Traditional Self Governance (TSG) in Jharkhand’ conducted by Xavier Research Centre, Ranchi. Numbers of articles published in Prabhat Khabar, Dainik Jagran, Taran Bharati, Combat Law, Ranchi Express and Sevendays focusing on the issues of tribals’ rights, women rights, tribals’ culture, tradition and development.
- Participated in the National Convention on Tribal National Policy held in New Delhi in September, 2004.
- Participated in the National Workshop on Abortion Assessment held at Ranchi in August 2004.
- Participated in the National Conference on Women and Displacement, held in Bhubneshwar in 2005. Participated in state level workshop on Human Rights held at Ranchi in March 2005.
- Participated in the National Tribal Literature Conference held at Ranchi in April 2005
- Participated in the Consultation on women of Beijing plus 10 held in New Delhi in August 2005. Associated with numbers of News and Feature Agencies i.e. INFA, INVA, Samvad Manthan, Deshaj Features, etc. Associated with numbers of NGOs and People’s Organizations i.e. Navjeevan Foundation, Yuva Manthan Sansthan and Jharkhand Jangle Bachao Andolan. Associated with several Newspapers and Magazines i.e. Prabhat Khabar, Dainik Jagran, Seven days, Desaj Adhikar and Tarang Bharati. Participated in the combating torture Consultation programs in Orissa. Held in September 2007. Participated in the Consultation on Adivasi Women’s Rights in Australia.
- Research paper on "Dalit women's Health and Human Rights" under PANOS MEDIA Fellowship Programmed 2007.
- Fellowship on "Human Rights Education Fellowship" by the Centre for World Solidarity, Hyderabad in 2006. Research in Traditional self governances at Ghoda and Khuti District from Action Aid.
- Research in Traditional Self governances at all Jharkhand from Welfare Department.(Jharkhand Government).
- Present status:
- Presently working as a News Editor in khabre Udaan News and also working for Rickshaw puller and abandoned children. Working with SOYANG TRUST.
- Working as a General Secretary for a forum called ADIVASI MAHILA WING FORUM. and also working with SARNA YUVA SHAKTI Which is working for Women, children and youths.
News Editor in khabre Udaan